Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ramblings on Music


Music is this thing. 
It's ever 
growing, 
changing, 
moving, 
falling, 
healing,
hurting, 
BEING, 
giving, 
feeling, 
searching, 
staying. 
Sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it gets worse. 
It changes through time with different sounds and words and intentions and moods and rhythms and responses. 
It dances all around our souls and our ears, going from one place to the next sometimes without a bit of transition. 
Sometimes it falls down, and sometimes we push it down. 
Sometimes it hurts our hearts when we feel it deep, but sometimes that very same thing can bring healing. 
Music simply IS. 
It gives us more than we know -- more than we could ever know, because it's deep and it has emotions of its own. 
Sometimes it leaves us, and we are lonely and broken, but sometimes it comes to us, cradles us in its century-spanning arms, and stays. 
Music is human. 
It is one of the most human experiences we can have. 
It is in us, around us, infiltrating our daily lives. 
Music is us. 

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree that music is around us everyday, and that music is us. I also liked how you said the music changes with the times, sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I agree completely. Music is what brings us together and it speaks to us on a subconscious level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit, I don't know what I'd do if I was ever forced to go without at least a half hour of music a day. It's such a part of my day-to-day that I couldn't imagine it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the complexity it brings to something that people don't often step back and think about. I listen to music walking to class, in my room.. all the time!

    ReplyDelete